Managing our work and personal lives can be challenging. We want to be more efficient while still having a life outside of work. But, this is often a lot easier said than done.
With constant innovation and the use of new technology in our daily lives, there are always new productivity tips or tools. These help to streamline your day and get more out of every minute. So, how can we become more efficient in our work?
How to Be More Productive
No matter where you work- in the office or remotely, you face distractions. Utilizing these productivity tips and tech tools can help ensure you can overcome them.
You can create a more efficient workflow and increase your output in both work and personal life by:
- Identify time-wasting actions in your day to day and then create a detailed plan to avoid time wasting activities.
- Act upon emails with intent to complete any task that comes from them. Don’t open emails until you are prepared to act on them immediately.
- Focus on one task at a time, and compile similar tasks together to streamline your work.
- Break large tasks into small steps. Large projects can be overwhelming, where as smaller tasks are more manageable to complete.
Note: To learn more about how to breakup tasks into actionable steps check out “Checklists vs. Tasks“.
- Set a work plan for the day and determine potential roadblocks that may hinder your ability to complete tasks.
- Utilize industry specific apps and technology to increase efficiency. Check out our free and on-demand webinar with Liz McCausland about this here.
Utilize Technology to Optimize Efficiency
Don’t limit yourself to these productivity tips. Take advantage of technology based tools/applications- and don’t limit yourself to using only one! These can increase productivity by streamlining your workflow, helping you achieve tasks on a timely basis. These tools can help you in areas such as:
- Task Management;
- Scheduling meetings, appointments and deadlines; and
- Note taking and recording.
How Legalboards Can Help
Through Legalboards, you can improve your productivity by simplifying your daily tasks, creating automations, and more. Specifically, our checklist creation tool is a great way to spend more time on what’s really important.
You can learn more about the tool and how it can save you time every day at here, or contact us to schedule a demo and try it out for free.