general workflow of Visa Issuance Files
The Immigration Board was created to show the general workflow of Visa Issuance Files. The board is embedded with different features to provide you with an overview of how Legalboards can be used to streamline your workflow when using it for immigration matters.
1. Lead ManagementWe recognize that lawyers have much competition in immigration practice. Because of this, we have created an easier way for lawyers to manage leads that could potentially become clients.
This method is called “Forms,” a personalized lead management tool included in our Immigration Board. Lawyers can customize forms and upload them to their firms’ websites or send them through emails to collect basic and preliminary information from leads (e.g., type of case, contact information). Once leads have completed the forms, their information will become a new “Card” on Legalboards, where the legal team can keep the client’s information organized simply and visually.
2. Workflow In the Immigration Board, “Columns” represent the phases of a Visa Issuance File. The workflow comprises examples of both the internal steps related to the interaction of the firm and the client—such as “Engagement Letter and Case Identification”—as well as the actual filing of the Visa with the competent authorities—“Visa Submission and Visa Issuance.”
The workflow can be tailored to the specifics of your firm; columns can be added, edited, and deleted. Columns assist in managing the workflow of legal tasks from one to another.
3. Automating procedures. We understand that a significant part of a lawyer’s day is filled with activities that cannot be translated into revenues. Using Legalboards, several repetitive activities can be automated to free up time and allow lawyers to focus on more important responsibilities.
In the Immigration Board, we use “Automations” as follows:
1. Card CreationEvery time a new matter is created on a case management platform (e.g. Clio, Docketwise, Practice Panther, etc), a new card will also be created in the column “Engagement Letter,” meaning that the lawyer does not have to double manage between tools
2. Task Creation: Tasks will be automatically created and assigned to persons according to the movement of the case on the workflow.
For example, when the client signs the retainer and the lawyer decides that an internal case can be initiated, the case will drop into the Column “Initiate Case” and a new “Task” will automatically be sent to the following staff member. The staff member will then proceed with the internal measures required to open the file and initiate the case.
3. Send Emails: With Legalboards, sending automatic emails to staff or clients is easy. Automated emails can be extremely helpful in promoting constant follow-up or serving as reminders of tasks that should be completed within a deadline
4. Move Cards: In the Immigration Board, we included automation to move cards.
For example, when all the tasks related to the preparation of the Visa Submission Form are completed, the card representing the case will automatically move from the Column “Application Form” to “Visa Submission.” Then the team will know that it is now time to submit the Visa to the competent authority.
As a recap, in this Immigration Board, several features of Legalboards were applied to a generic Visa Issuance case, including personalized forms to channel leads, columns, and cards to simplify the management of cases and the automation of emails, cards, and tasks
Written by Wanessa Oliveira
As a practicing attorney and researcher at Legalboards, Wanessa is on to the mission of exploring how agile methodologies can translate into efficiency within the legal industry. Wanessa is restless about learning new technologies and methods that can improve lawyer’s productivity on a daily basis.
Automation Action: Task Creation An expressive part of the team leader's work is to distribute and organize who, when, and how each part of the work needs to be done.This work doesn't need human action when you use Legalboards.io. In this article, I will explain how...
Automation Action "Send Email" Create unique email notifications personified to your team, clients, or external consultants. The automation Send Email from Legalboards allows you to go beyond a simple template email notification, which at the end of the day, ends up...
Automation Trigger “Card Movement” A trigger-based in card movement is easy to set up and to use in your daily work. The most important: it will significantly change your productivity.As you can check in this article, “How does automation work?”, in Legalboards you...
It has often been discussed by lawyers the need to automate some processes of the legal routine to optimize their service. The Divorce Board, created by Legalboards’ team, shows an example of automation applied in a Family Law matter.
With this action, you can move, automatically, your cards inside the board and/or create the same card on a different board. It can make an incredible shift in your productivity.
We are launching a new integration of our platform that uses agile methodologies to boost productivity in the legal practice with the experts in legal payments, LawPay.
With Legalboards’ automation system you can plan, organize, and avoid wasting time by automating three types of actions: creating tasks, sending emails, and moving cards. You can set standalone automation or combine them to create a powerful workflow system
Try it Free
Sign-up today for a free, no credit card required 14-day trial.
USD $19/mo/user after trial.
Ask for a demo
Schedule a personalized demonstration for your practice.