WHEREAS, the Agent may from time to time refer potential customers to the Legalboards for a referral fee.
The parties agree to the following:
- The referral fee shall be calculated as described in Exhibit A.
- The agent will register potential leads via the lead registration form provided by Legalboards. Leads shall be deemed eligible or ineligible for payment of the referral fee at the sole discretion of Legalboards. In addition, Agent must deal at arm’s-length with any potential lead in order to be eligible for the referral fee.
- Legalboards shall use its best commercial efforts to close business referrals from the Agent. However, Legalboards makes no representation or guarantee that such referrals will actually result in an agreement for the Legalboards service and shall not be liable for any prospective corporate customer that is referred by the Agent to Legalboards but does not register for the Legalboards service.
- Referral fee payments shall be made by Legalboards within thirty (30) days of the end of the previous month and for two (2) years long. Legalboards can make an advanced payment for the two (2) years of one or all referrals of the Agent at the sole discretion of Legalboards.
- If the amount of the referral fee of the previous month is less than US$ 100.00, this payment will accumulate to the next month.
- To be eligible for a referral fee: (i) Agent must provide necessary payment instructions to Legalboards in a timely fashion.
- Placement of advertisements and referral methods for the Agent are at the sole discretion of the Agent. However, in order to solicit sales, the Agents shall not make promises or issue any warranty either expressed or implied pertaining to the goods or services offered by Legalboards unless authorized in writing by Legalboards to do so.
- The Agent may make use of the Legalboards and/or Box Suite trademarks for the sole purpose of promoting the Company’s goods or services. Any such use shall be in accordance with Legalboard’s trademark policies. It is expressly understood that this referral agreement does not grant the Agent any interest in the Legalboards trademarks or any other intellectual property rights.
- The relationship between the parties shall at all times be that of independent contractors. No employment, partnership or joint venture relationship is formed by this referral agreement and at no time may the Agent position itself as affiliated to Legalboards, except as an independent referrer. In view of this independent relationship, the Agent shall not enter into any agreements on behalf of Legalboards, shall make no warranty either expressed or implied on behalf of the Legalboards and shall not incur any expenses on behalf of Legalboards.
- This referral agreement does not grant exclusive rights to the Agent to act as referrer on behalf of Legalboards and the Agent shall have no rights under any other agreements entered into by Legalboards with other Agents.
- The Agent agrees not to disclose any confidential information pertaining to Legalboards’ goods or services nor that of prospective or existing customers to any third party. The Agent may do follow-up enquiries with its referred customers to confirm their purchase and to gather feedback about their experience with Legalboards’s goods or services as supplied.
- Either party may terminate this referral agreement at any time by giving the other party ten (10) days prior written notice. Upon termination, by either party, all outstanding referral fees due to the Agent at that time shall be settled in full within the usual payment sequence described in section 4 of this Agreement.
- Each party shall indemnify, defend and hold the other party (and any other relation to the other party) harmless against any and all claims of whatsoever nature arising from misrepresentation, default, misconduct, failure to perform or any other activity related to this agreement.
- Legalboards reserves the right to amend this Agreement. In the event of material changes to the Agreement, Legalboards will notify Agent, by email, or by other reasonable means of these changes prior to their enactment.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. In addition, you hereby irrevocably attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Ontario with respect to any and all issues arising from this Agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and any alteration must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Equivalent Monthly Account Revenue –
Equal to the monthly charge paid by the total customers from referrals of the Agent of the net value of goods or services sold by Legalboards. The net value shall exclude value-added tax, payment processors fees, third party commissions, software customization costs, special setup costs, consultancy/assistance/training costs, refunds and payments not honoured by a financial institution.
Up to 29 Customers:
15% of the Equivalent Monthly Account Revenue when the customer signs up (and pays) initially as a monthly customer of Legalboards as a direct result of a referral.
From 30 Customers:
30% of the Equivalent Monthly Account Revenue when the customer signs up (and pays) initially as a monthly customer of Legalboards as a direct result of a referral.
Legalboards may change these Referral Partner Program Agreement at any time. The new Agreement shall come into effect within twenty-four (24) hours counted from the sending thereof to the Agent registered email.
Updated on May 28, 2021.